Well Christmas has been and gone (yes, already!) but the silly season isn’t over yet. Summer in Australia is always a crazy time of year. From Christmas, New Years and Australia Day to weekend wine tours, endless weddings, birthdays and lets not forget festivals too! Summer is an insanely busy time of year which means looking after yourself is even more important now than ever. I’ve teamed up with X NIHILO and their gorgeous EIGHT MINI bag to share with you my EIGHT Summer Life Savers you can count on to get you through the silly season.
Before I get stuck into the list of life savers, you should know that having a go-to Summer bag is always at the top of my list when the weather warms up. As soon as things get heated we all love transitioning into a Summer wardrobe and as much as I am a bag gal, I do find having an everyday bag that does it all is always a priority.
The Eight Mini by X NIHILO is that bag. The bag. The bag that does it all. Sure the rich tan leather was the draw card for me (can you honestly blame me?) but this bag is an ‘it’ piece in every way. It’s versatile shape, mistakenly large interior and endless carry options are just some of the reasons the Eight Mini is a sought after bag. Being a 20 something woman I feel you when you say you want a quality, on trend, designer bag without a Saint Laurent price tag – am I right? X NIHILO pride themselves on representing their brand that constructs quality bags with innovative and diverse designs at a price point that won’t force you to eat two minute noodles for the first three months of the year! And did I mention – they’re an Australian label?! In a time where fast fashion is getting faster and faster by the minute, it’s more important now than ever to support our own businesses that create sustainable fashion. The brand is based in Melbourne and the founder, Jen, focuses her designs around unique shapes and aesthetics rather than trends, so each piece remains timeless. Through each design, Jen communicates a personal touch by naming her pieces after streets she’s lived on. It’s Jen’s vision for the brand that really makes you feel that by owning an X NIHILO design, you really are a part of something bigger. See the entire collection at xnihilo.com.au
Now onto the Summer Life Savers – in keeping with supporting local, all of these are Aussie made or designed too!
My Eight Summer Life Savers:
1. Lucas Paw Paw Ointment – okay it might be an obvious one but you can’t tell me it’s not the most common item found in a girls handbag. Dry lips? Paw Paw, Sunburn? Paw Paw, Insect Bite? Paw Paw – need I go on?
2. Bath Box Charred Face Mask – Is there anything better than a charchoal face mask? No. Is there any problem that can’t be solved with a facemask? No. You know I’m right.
3. Nivea After Sun Moisture cream – okay this one really is a life saver! When you’ve got major after-sun regret, you’re gonna want to have this bad boy in the cupboard. So much moisture in this one and so soothing with the Aloe Vera content – you’re gonna want to buy this stat.
4. Bondi Sands Tanning Foam – Okay the colour is a personal choice but if you’re a pale pancake like me, you’ll need to go ultra dark. This one is essential for Summer!
5. Thankyou. Hand Wash – I love having this around the house. I’m prone to dry skin and soaps can be iffy for me but this one works. Not only does the minimal design match my matt black taps and bathroom aesthetic but all of the proceeds go to fighting global poverty. Definitely a cause worth supporting.
6. EVO Icon Welder – weird name, great product. Hair gets so dry so quickly in Summer so don’t sizzle it off by avoiding heat protect!
7. Damselfly Candles – Okay this isn’t really a Summer thing, it’s an all year round thing. These candles are seriously amazing and the perfect home decor piece that look gorgeous around the house and smell incredible!
8. Jolie & Deen Jewellery – LOVE LOVE LOVE this brand! Minimal, on trend yet timeless, delicate, quality pieces that you can wear day after day. I love layering my necklaces for more detail and wearing the gorgeous pearl drop earrings for a point of difference. Day to night wear – this label is your life saver in the jewellery world. It’s so easy to find on trend pieces but to find QUALITY on trend pieces – now that’s what I’m talking about!
Happy New Year everyone – looking forward to creating more new content throughout 2019!
Outfit Details // Bag / Eight Mini By X NIHILO // Top & Pants / Little Lies // Shoes / Sol Sana // Jewellery / Jolie & Deen // Sunnies / Ray Ban //